On July 29, 2010 torrential rains in the northern areas of Pakistan caused a large scale flooding which wiped hundreds of villages from the surface. It is estimated that around 2000 people have died and over a million homes have been destroyed.
Continue reading “Pakistan National Committee of IUCN Flood Relief Activities”
- Provided assistance to more than 1000 people in evacuation to safer places.
- From 15th up to 25th August provided purified drinking water facility to four camps of Tehsil Thatta of 600 liters daily to about 3000 people.
- Distributed food items among 100 families
- Also providing drinking water through water tankers to four camps at Makli, Thatta-Also continue
- Also distributed 100 jerry cans among 100 families
- Also distributed biscuits and milk among 200 families particularly for children.
- Camp cleaning initiative has been taken, also hygiene kit is provided to 100 families
- Information cell is established and operational for 24 hours round the clock.
Continue reading “Flood Relief Update Strengthening Participatory Organization (SPO) SINDH -31st August 2010”
AKRSP Update as of September 02, 2010
Sector: Rural Livelihoods and Community Infrastructure:
AKRSP is actively engaged with government officials in GBC, and is coordinating with other partners including RSPN, PPAF, UNOCHA, and WFP. A series of proposals for UNOCHA, AKF, UNICEF and RSPN have been prepared to support early recovery planning and to prevent further deterioration of the situation.
Continue reading “Response to Flash Floods in Gilgit Baltistan and Chitral by AKRSP”